Effective Date: 15-06-2023
Last Updated on: 15-06-2023
TechnologyCounter acknowledges your privacy and recognizes your concerns about the utilization and sharing of your personal and non-personal information online. We value & respect your privacy and value every individual's privacy who visits our site. We will only collect and use information that is beneficial to you and in compliance with applicable laws.
This Policy governs how we handle and process your Personal Information when you access and use Our Site. It applies to you if you are a software vendor or a prospective software buyer, depending on the context. If you are a software buyer, this policy also covers your activities when you provide a review of a software product. For software vendors, it applies to your actions when you create a free listing for your product on Our site, create an account with us, or connect with a digital marketing expert or submit a query.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
If you are a prospective software buyer, we collect Information like Name, Business email, Phone number, Company name, Industry, City, Requirements, Designation, Number of employees in the company, Number of software users, Preferred time to contact you, Software Deployment preferences, Budget, Current software being used, Reasons for seeking a change.
If you are a software vendor, we collect Personal Information like Name, Email, Phone number, Organization details.
PROCESSING OF INFORMATION
If you are a prospective software buyer or a software buyer, we will use your Personal Information to:
- Respond to your communications.
- Conduct market research.
- Analyze your usage of Our site.
- Gather feedback to continuously improve Our site and enhance your user experience.
- Verify the authenticity of any reviews you submit to prevent false or malicious reviews from being posted. This involves verifying the identity of the reviewer by checking their name, job title, or email address. If we are unable to confirm the reviewer's identity, we will not publish the review.
If you are a software Seller, we will use your Personal Information to:
- Provide and manage your Account.
- Give you access to our site and oversee it.
- Personalize your preferences and tailor your experience on Our site.
- Conduct market research.
- Analyze your usage of Our site.
- Gather feedback to continuously improve Our site and enhance your user experience.
We may also use your Personal Information for marketing purposes. This may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message, postal mail, or web push notifications to provide information, news, and offers related to Our Services.
Furthermore, advertisers whose content appears on Our Site may engage in behavioral advertising, which means tailoring advertisements to your preferences based on your activities. Please note that we do not have control over the activities of such advertisers or the information they collect and use. Limiting the use of your Personal Information in this manner will not eliminate advertisements but will make them less relevant to your interests and activities on Our Site.
LEGAL GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING INFORMATION
If you are an individual residing in the European Economic Area, the collection and use of your Personal Information, as described above, by us is based on specific legal grounds. The specific legal basis depends on the type of Personal Information collected and the circumstances under which it is collected. Generally, we collect Personal Information from you when it is necessary to fulfill a contract with you, when the processing is in our legitimate interests and does not override your rights and freedoms, or when we have obtained your consent. In certain situations, we may also be required by law to collect your Personal Information. You have the right to revoke your permission at any moment if we are processing your personal information with it.
SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your Personal Information to other companies within our corporate group, including our subsidiaries and/or our parent company and its subsidiaries.
We may aggregate and analyze statistical data about the usage of our website, including information on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other relevant data. This data won't include any personally identifiable information and will be anonymized. Periodically, we may share such anonymized data with third parties such as potential investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers.
Under certain circumstances, we may have a legal obligation to disclose certain data held by us, which may include your Personal Information. For example, this may occur when we are involved in legal proceedings or when we need to comply with legislative requirements, court orders, or governmental authorities. In such situations, your consent is not required for us to share your data, and we will comply with any legally binding requests made to us.
As a prospective or current software buyer using TechnologyCounter's Services, as defined herein, any data you provide during the process may be shared with software vendors. These vendors may contact you in connection with the Services and may send you relevant marketing materials, either with your permission or as allowed by law.
We may engage third parties to provide products and services to you on our behalf. These services may include payment processing, product delivery, search engine functionality, and other services related to our offerings. These third parties might occasionally need access to any or all of your data. When your data is needed for such purposes, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your data is handled securely, in compliance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party's appropriate legal requirements.
Additionally, we may share your Personal Information if we merge with or are acquired by another company. In such circumstances, your information may be transferred as one of the assets of the transaction.
USE OF SOCIAL MEDIA OR EMAIL ACCOUNT
You have the option to give explicit consent to link your email accounts to your Account. Once connected, we will securely access and analyze the relevant content related to the Services we provide. Before signing in through the applicable service, we recommend reviewing your Personal Information. We do not store your email messages, email message headers, message bodies, or attachments under any circumstances. Our access to your email account is solely for scanning purposes and displaying information as it is retrieved. We request read-only access to your email account and will not attempt to modify or change your email account or messages, unless you provide additional consent for us to do so with respect to the Services you have chosen.
Additionally, our website has social media tools and widgets that are either housed on it or on the websites of other parties. Your interaction with these social media features and widgets is subject to the privacy statement of the companies that provide them. To understand and modify the information sent to us through these Services, you should check your privacy settings on these third-party platforms. This data may be combined with other information we collect and may include aggregated levels of specific data.
STORAGE AND TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your Personal Information and files, along with their backups, are stored on our servers and the servers of third-party companies we engage to provide services on our behalf. It is important to note that your Personal Information may be transferred across national borders due to the presence of our servers in the United States of America and India, as well as the potential location of these service providers in various countries around the world.
We reserve the right to transfer and keep the data we gather from you outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). In some instances, it may also be processed by personnel working for us or our partners who operate outside the EEA. If you live in the European Economic Area and your personal information is processed outside of the EEA, we'll make sure the person who receives it is also a resident of the (EEA) provides an adequate level of protection. This can be achieved, for example, by entering standard contractual clauses for the transfer of Personal Information as approved by the European Commission (as stipulated in Article 46 of the General Data Privacy Regulation, 2016). Alternatively, we will seek your prior consent before transferring your personal data internationally.
TechnologyCounter will keep the Personal Information it collects if it is necessary for legitimate business reasons, such as for legal proceedings or defense. We may also retain this information to fulfill our legal obligations, maintain accurate financial and other records, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. If there is no longer a need to keep your Personal Information as stated here, we will either delete or combine it with other information to protect your privacy. If deletion or aggregation is not feasible, we will securely store your Personal Information separately and prevent any further processing until deletion becomes possible.
RIGHTS OF MINORS
We understand and prioritize the safety and privacy of children. Children under the age of 18 are never asked for or knowingly given any personally identifying information by the US.
SAFETY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Ensuring the safety of your Personal Information is of utmost importance to us. We employ suitable technical and organizational measures to safeguard the Personal Information we collect and handle. These measures are specifically designed to offer an appropriate level of security considering the risks associated with processing your Personal Information. If you have any concerns about the security of your Personal Information, please contact us promptly as described in this policy.
However, despite the precautions we take, it is important to be aware that transmitting data over the Internet may not be entirely secure. Therefore, we recommend that you take necessary precautions when sending data to us via the Internet.
A. EUROPEAN PRIVACY RIGHTS-GDPR
You are entitled to the following privileges if you live in the European Economic Area:
- Right to Information:You have the right to find out if we have any of your personal information and how it is being used.
- Right of Access: You have the right to obtain a copy of your Personal Information, along with an explanation of the categories of Personal Information being processed, the purposes of such processing, and the details of third parties to whom the Personal Information may have been disclosed.
- Right to Rectification: You have the right to correct or update your Personal Information that is in our possession.
- Right to Erasure: You have the right to have your Personal Information deleted from our customer relationship management (CRM) databases. However, please note that we may need to retain certain Personal Information about you for legal and internal business reasons, such as fraud prevention. We will keep your Personal Information for as long as necessary to provide you with access to the websites and apps you are eligible to use, and to comply with our legal obligations and enforce our agreements.
- Right to Data Portability: You have the right to obtain and reuse your Personal Information. You can either obtain the Personal Information from us or request us to directly transfer it to a third party of your choosing.
- Right to Object/Restrict Processing: You have the right to object to or restrict the processing of your Personal Information under certain circumstances. This includes situations where the Personal Information is inaccurate (during the period in which we are verifying the accuracy of the Personal Information), the Personal Information is no longer needed for the intended purpose, or in relation to direct marketing (you can opt out of receiving marketing communications by checking specific boxes on the forms we use to collect using the opt-out features in the communications we send you, or by providing your personal information. You also have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, if it produces legal effects or significantly affects you in a similar manner.
In the aforementioned cases, we will retain a minimal amount of Personal Information to note that you have opted out of further contact. To exercise any of the rights mentioned above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
B. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you live in California, this section provides you with more information about the personal information we collect about you and your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). Within certain limitations, the CCPA grants you the following rights:
- The right to request access to details about the categories or specific pieces of personal information we collect and/or sell. This includes information about how we use and disclose your personal information and who we may sell it to.
- The right to ask that your personal data be deleted.
- The option to refuse any sale of your personal data.
- The right to not be treated unfairly for exercising any of the above rights.
Please write us an email if you would want to seek the use of your CCPA-protected privacy rights. To verify your request, we will use the information associated with your account, including your email address.
Additional identification may be required. You can also appoint an authorized representative to act on your behalf.
TechnologyCounter will not sell your personal information without your prior consent. If you wish to opt out of the sale of your personal information, please send us an email.
C. NEVADA PRIVACY RIGHTS
In accordance with Nevada law, we are obligated to provide certain residents of Nevada with the opportunity to opt out of the "sale" of their "personally identifiable information," as defined by Nevada law. Although we do not partake in such activities, if you are a Nevada resident and have purchased goods or services from us, you have the right to request to opt out of any potential future sales. To do so, you may send an email to email@example.com, stating your request in accordance with Nevada law.
TechnologyCounter may utilize "cookies" to be placed on your personal computer. These "cookies" are small identifiers that are sent from a web server and stored on your computer's hard drive, serving a purpose similar to a license plate. They assist TechnologyCounter in recognizing you when you revisit the website. Cookies are used by TechnologyCounter to record session information, such as user-specific details about the pages you access or visit, previous activities to enhance service upon your return, prevention of repeated display of the same banner ads, customization of website content based on your browser type, and tracking the source of your website visit. It is important to note that cookies are not designed to extract data from your hard drive, email, or any other personal information about you.
To safeguard your privacy, TechnologyCounter does not employ cookies to store or transmit any personal information about you over the internet. You have the option to reject cookies by modifying your browser settings. However, please be aware that if you choose to reject our cookies, certain web pages may not load properly, access to specific information could be denied, or you may need to provide your information repeatedly.
Our Site serves as a platform where users can freely share their experiences regarding different products and services. As part of this, we extend an invitation to registered users to submit reviews on our Site. However, it is important to understand that if you choose to post reviews on our Site, the information you include in the review will be associated with either your Profile Information or your Demographic Profile, depending on your chosen privacy settings.
By sharing your Profile Information, your complete identity will be publicly visible on our Site, unless you modify this setting in your privacy preferences. Additionally, please note that your Demographic Profile will be accessible to all visitors to our Site. Should you decide to post your own content on our Site or Services, it is possible for your posting to become public. We cannot guarantee that such information will not be used in ways that may infringe upon this Policy, legal requirements, or your privacy. It is your responsibility to ensure the accuracy of any information included in your postings.
REMOVAL OF CONTENT
As a responsible platform for reviewing software, we prioritize safeguarding your reputation. We do not alter, pre-screen, or evaluate any user reviews displayed on this website. However, we have implemented a procedure to address clearly illegal content. In accordance with this policy, we have established the following steps for reporting any unlawful content that you believe defames you or your product.
If you believe that any content on this website includes defamatory statements about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information:
- Your company name.
- The URL of your company's website that is related to the content or review.
- Your first and last name.
- Your phone number.
- Your email address.
- The URL of the content on TechnologyCounter that is relevant to your complaint.
- If it pertains to a review, please also provide:
- 1.The title of the review.
- 2.The content of the review itself.
- 3.The name of the reviewer.
- An explanation of why the defamatory content is false and the extent to which it has harmed you.
- Any correspondence you have had with the publisher regarding the content or review.
- Evidence demonstrating that you are the authorized representative or owner of the website.
- A clear description of your objective in using this Notice and Take-Down procedure.
- A statement made in good faith, under the penalty of perjury, affirming the accuracy and truthfulness of the information you provided in the notification.
TechnologyCounter will assess the content's unmistakable unlawfulness based on the Notice and Take-Down request and its relationship to the complained content. We will strive to provide a substantive response to your complaint within twenty-eight (28) days of its receipt.
If TechnologyCounter is unable to ascertain whether the content is unlawful, we will reject the request and inform you via email. However, if TechnologyCounter determines that the content is indeed unlawful based on the Notice and Take-Down request, we will exercise appropriate discretion in taking necessary action.
Our website and services may include links to websites operated by third parties. These third-party websites may offer products or services, which we may choose to feature on our website from time to time. It is important to note that these third-party platforms have their own privacy policies that are separate and independent from ours. As a result, we do not bear any responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites, including how they handle information.
CONTACTING OUR PRIVACY TEAM
email us at email@example.com
Send a letter to
Attn: Data Controller
902, Clover Hills Plaza,